Thursday, August 4, 2011

Famine in the Horn of Africa: How to help

Just saw on MSNBC that 29,000 children under the age of 5 have died over the last 3 months in Somalia. So incredibly sad. There's so little we can do, but here's an article on where to send money.
Famine in the Horn of Africa: How to help




I think I am going to fast tomorrow in sort of a solidarity with these poor people - at the very least, I will offer up my almost inconsequential suffering for their enormous suffering. I just don't know what else to do.  We have got to get others aware and involved.  Many, many others. 

God, help those people in such great need and in such horrible suffering.  Please help us know what to do to help them.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Laura - You know I am right with you on this issue!! I am telling everyone i can too, to help.

    ReplyDelete