Thursday, July 21, 2011

Famine declared in Somalia

Just saw this on MSNBC.com.  Things have progressively gotten worse in Somalia, and really, the whole of sub-Saharan Africa, during the last year.  I will be sending some money (and so will Kraft, as a matching gift) to OxFam America to help.  Of course, I realize my very small contribution of $100 may not amount to much in the grand scheme of things, but when we add all of our donations together we can obviously make a larger contribution.



I also went to the OxFam America site and read this article about their efforts.  $800 million dollars is what they are saying is still needed to provide immediate relief.  I am going to start an email letter campaign  begging for support to this cause.  I'll post the email as soon as it's done.  I'm going to try to send it to every person I know and to people I don't but may have the resources to provide a lot more in donations (Oprah, the Gates Foundation, Warren Buffet, what-his-name Mr. Facebook, etc.).  I figure this is one of the only ways I can actually attempt to make a difference - begging for money for these people. The other way is to pray and pray and pray.





No comments:

Post a Comment